GDPR: more protection for your personal data
Dear Members & Non Members,
As you may know, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will enter into force on 25 May 2018.
This is a European Union regulation which will constitute the reference text for the protection of your personal data.
As Forumotion "Our Host" is a worldwide service, the protections offered to our European users will also apply to all other users around the world.
- All members non members on the forum will see bar at the bottom of the forum asking them to Accept some change to the Cookies.
- Before we would make our members get news letters from us but Now by Law we can no longer do this!! If you had this ticked already on your profile you will now get a popup asking you if you still wish to get news letters from us or not.
- Members before would have ticked that they want to get Emails from us but now you may get a popup saying do you want to get them still. If you are a new member then this will be set on your account when you first make an account with us.
Q, Can I change my mind on my choice at any time ?
A, Yes you can this can still be changed in your profiles!
Q, Can the Founder, Admins, Mods made a Change to my settings that save our settings?
A, Some basic settings can still be changed but any setting like news letter's and Email settings can not be changed by the Founder Admin's or mods. You as the member are the only ones that can change this setting.
- Founders and our admins can still change your passwords for you and your Email address but you will have to use the Contact Us system to get this done or you can used the I forgot my password to get a new password.
Q, Can the Founder, Admin, Mods see my password?
A, No None can see your passwords Not even our host "Forumotion" our
system is made with types of encryption that No one can see this data.
Q, Is my data used by anyone else?
A, NO - No data is used outside of this forum and our Host's
Q, Can I delete my account if I like?
A, YES & No, A member can ask the founder of the forum to delete the account and we will have to do it if we are asked.
Q, Can I ask for my posts to be removed from this site?
A, YES As a member and under the data act if you ask for your posts to be removed then we have to do as asked by law.
- If you ask for us to delete your account and posts None of your data is saved on our system it will be all removed from our servers and data center.
Q, Can I get my account and posts back if i have it deleted?
A, Sometimes we can do a backup of members and posts but this can show up problems so we don't like to do it.
We would ask all member to make sure they are 100% sure they want the account deleted before we do so.
A chat World Official Announcement
Likes : 384
Permissions in this forum:
reply to topics in this forum