Our latest publications
If you need to install or reinstall Windows 7 you can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.
Read the System Requirements. For Enterprise editions please visit the Volume Licensing Service Center.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have:
- Your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). Learn more.
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
Follow these steps to download Windows 7
- This product requires a valid product activation key for download. Enter the 25 character product key that came with your product purchase in the field below. Your product key is located inside the box that the Windows DVD came in, on the DVD or in a confirmation e-mail that shows you purchased Windows.
- After the product key is verified, select a product language from the menu.
- Select either 32-bit or 64-bit version to download. If both are available, you will receive download links for both. Not sure which one? See the FAQ page for more information on how to determine the version(s) you need.
Microsoft ends support for windows 7 on January 14, 2020
Microsoft Windows 7 will reach End of Life in January 2020
When Windows 7 reaches end of support on 14 January 2020, your computer will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide technical support for any issues, software updates or security updates or fixes.
Whilst a lack of on-going support may not be an issue for some, the fact that Windows 7 will no longer be patched after this date means you could be left highly vulnerable in what is already a rapidly changing threat landscape.
The most popular option to take following Windows 7 End of Life, is to migrate to Windows 10, as recommended by Microsoft.
Likes : 384
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum