Our latest publications
OFFICIAL FORUM SAFETY GUIDELINES
Chat Danger - Is this your first time chatting? Well below are a few rules to follow to keep safe when chatting:
1) Age Requirements - Users should be over the age of 13. Room age requirements MUST be followed. Those violating this rule will be warned then banned and reported to the proper authorities.
2) Be careful - people online may not be who they say they are no matter
how convincing they may sound.
The reality is that online friends are really just strangers.
3) Do NOT give out any personal information (i.e where you live, your school, email address,
picture, telephone number, etc) - you may end up being contacted by
people you don't want.
Make sure your profile in the forums or chat does not include any personal information.
4) Never arrange to meet someone offline, this can be very dangerous.
If you must, then go accompanied (if you are under 18 by your parent or carer); and meet in a
5) Report to a Moderator or Admin if someone or something makes you worried or uncomfortable at this site.
Parents must take responsibility for their childs online computer usage.
Try to find out what internet services (such as chatting and email) your child uses.
Consider surfing with your children and make it a fun experience for them.
This will be a constructive way to spend more time with your children.
- Long periods of computer monitor use can impact the health of your eyes.
to the fact that your eyes are constantly adjusted to a particular
focus, it is important to regularly utilize the full focal range of your
eyes by focusing on a number of far away and close items.
use: a larger computer monitor screen size with optimized contrast and
brightness settings; fonts which are of a comfortable reading size; a
monitor which does not have a low refresh rate or that
interlaces; a screen which has little or no glare; a well lit room.
Failure to do so may result in eye strain, blurred vision, head aches and other short or long term ailments.
- Due to the heavy use of keyboard and mouse input and long durations
of sitting, we advise members to have an ergonomically correct
environment and a regular physical activity interval. Your desk, chair,
keyboard, mouse and wrist pads should be carefully selected to provide maximum comfort and protection against injury.
Failure to do so may result in back, neck, wrist and arm short and long term pain and / or damage.
a routine of frequent breaks which involve a small, quick but frequent
combination of physical activities such as: standing up,
walking around the room or building, clenching a mug or cup ,elevating
arms above head repetitively, and taking deep controlled breaths.
- With the web providing an increased number of social communication
tools (email, SMS, chat rooms, instant messaging) for users, there has
been an increase in the number of users who are using these tools to
antagonize or intimidate others.
This usually happens to younger people.
Because bullies commonly harrass their victims away from the watchful
eyes of adults or guardians, the Internet is the perfect place for them
to reach others anonymously.
For many younger users, home is no longer aplace of refuge from school bullying.
Users should be aware that some forms of online bullying are considered criminal acts.
It is illegal to communicate repeatedly with someone if your communication will cause any
fear for the safety of the person you are communicating with or the safety of others.
If you feel you are being bullied, please report any incidents to your local police or your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
who can then investigate the issue further.
- It is important for users to be aware that too much time spent in chat rooms is not good.
It is important to maintain a healthy balance between online and offline life.
Internet addiction is usually identified by events including, but not limited to, the following: sense
of euphoria while at the computer, problems with school or work,
feeling empty or depressed when away from the computer, and neglecting
family and friends.
Internet addiction can also lead to physical problems such as eyestrain, backaches, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Take a break, once in a while!
Some chat rooms have some really sick chatters in as part of the chat room
network we try to Stop this but we can only do this if we have seen or have been told about this.
If you see any of this then please tell a member of staff and we will try our best to Stop it.
Please remember that chat room & Forum safety starts with you At home.
A chat World Official Announcement
Likes : 275
- Promotion's MembersYou are a Promotion's MembersBug BusterYou helped us fix a bug10th YearMember for 10 yearsyou have 15+ FriendsYou now have 15+ FriendsForum Gamerfor members who play the forum games.The Team MembersIf you are staff you will have this iconGraphic DesignerYou get this award when you are a Graphic DesignerIdea's TeamWhen you come up with Idea's for the forumIntroduced YourselfWhen you Introduce Yourself on the main forumWhat you talking about?When you have all the Groups on the siteForum lover.for them members who love to post on our forumCredit store spenderYou get this if you buy a item from the store.Big SpenderYou get this as you have spent lots of credits in our storeForum Pet OwnerYou get this award if you own a pet on your profileYou have 200+ liked postsYou get this when you get 200+ liked postsBday 1been mentioned in a birthday comment !!1500 postsYou get this award when you have hit 1500 postsYou have gave 250+ likesYou get this award when you have gave 250 likes or moreChristmas AwardYou get this award if you buy any Christmas item from the storeTechnicianTechnicianTheme makerYou have made a theme in the theme forum.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum